Sr. Transportation Manager – Minneapolis, MN
This company is one of the premier food manufacturing companies in the country. They pride themselves in a culture that has a family feel, although they are a large and successful company with more than 3500 employees nationwide.
As a Sr. Transportation Manager, you will be responsible for transportation management strategy and contract/rate negotiations. You will also be responsible for managing the delivery of the finished products to the company’s customers and manage the delivery loads of raw materials to the company’s facilities all while controlling traffic spikes and ensuring compliance with logistics laws and regulations.
***This position is based in the west coast. Relocation assistance will be provided by the company.
- Manage on-time customer deliveries
- Manage and budget transportation costs and delivery volume
- Hire, retain, and manage carriers
- Responsible for keeping the company up to date on logistics laws and regulations by attending seminars, conferences, and conventions
- Review and approve logistics expenditures
- Develop strategies in alignment with Supply Chain goals and lead plans to deliver continuous improvement in service, cost and people
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Logistics
- 10+ years of leadership in transportation roles in field & corporate with a consumer goods company
- Strong background with data (must understand modeling & analytics)
- TMS experience
- Demonstrated experience with best-practice freight management
- Experience & understanding of Supply Chain including transportation, customer service, financial policies and procedures with a CPG company
- MBA in Business Management or Logistics
*If you would like to stay in the loop about opportunities just like this, follow us on LinkedIn today!*