Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer – Wauwatosa, WI
A supplier of custom automated assembly equipment for the automotive, biomedical, and manufacturing industries is seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer. They offer complete turnkey systems from concept to installation. The job is challenging, non-repetitive and you will have the ability to design 5-8 machines per year. Knowledge of cylinders, machining components, linkages, motors, HPO, torque, valves, and basic electrical control knowledge is desired.
- Ability to design complete machines from scratch, from an initial concept to a final print package.
- 10+ years of mechanical automation design
- Expert level SolidWorks (Speed will be tested during an in-house test).
- Motion using servo motors, linear drives, and ball screws.
- Machine frame design and welding principles.
- Detailing of components and assemblies.
- Should be able to name 2-3 brands of linear rails and bearings.
- Should be able to name 2-3 brands of pneumatic components.
- Should be able to explain why you use hydraulics vs. air.
- Must know how to size the components and pick them out.