QC Manager – Portland, OR
Join an amazing meat manufacturer in the beautiful Pacific Northwest and serve as the final authority for onsite food safety, quality, and regulatory compliance decisions.
- Administer the site prerequisite programs and SQF program. Serve as an SQF practitioner for the facility.
- Understand, drive, and deliver quality-related KPI results in areas such as defects, holds, and rework.
- Effectively empower staff of food industry professionals to obtain company and facility objectives.
- Ensure existing programs and procedures are verified and validated and represent optimal allocation of company resources.
- Serve, along with Operations Manager, as a primary representative of the company to visitors, auditors, customers, and community.
- Innovate and inspire a culture of creativity to continuously improve facility systems and programs.
- Coordinate competing priorities and challenging deadlines; leverage cross-functional resources to achieve results.
- Develop and maintain plant procedures critical to quality and food safety.
- Evaluate and approve specifications for new products, ingredients, and processes.
- Champion the needs of the facility and the site quality organization by lobbying for mission-critical resources with data-based justifications.
- Meat Manufacturing Experience (familiar with a Kill plant)
- Management experience
- Experience leading audits
- Experience modifying and creating SOPs (standard operating procedures)
- Strong USDA experience
- SQF Practitioner
*If you would like to stay in the loop about opportunities just like this, follow us on LinkedIn today!*