Automation Engineer – Boston, MA
This company prides itself in who they’ve grown to be. From a small restaurant kitchen to a massive distributing company known for their products across the nation, this company continues to stay humble. They are looking for a high energy, motivated Automation Engineer to join their Corporate Engineering team. Experience working within a Food Manufacturing Facility preferred.
- Working with technicians around development, integration, maintenance and design of control systems.
- Experience with some of the following is strongly desired:
- Rockwell, RSLogix, aLLEN BRADLEY or something similar
- Exposure and understanding of various process instrumentation:
- Flow meters, sensors, and valves
- Wonderware InTouch, InBatch knowledge beneficial
- Microsoft SQL
- VMWare Workstation Player and vSphere
- Programming (C++, Visual Basic, Java, Python, etc.) is a must
- Cisco networking hardware
- Must be available to travel up to 50%
- Work with site Control Technicians for troubleshooting, training, and start-ups
- Develop and foster strong relationships with Plant Operation team to evolve current systems architecture and maximize manufacturing efficiencies and output.
- Support local Operations needs for electrical and automation system support.
- Create written instructions for local Maintenance department for automation systems
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year College or university in software engineering, electrical engineering, or related discipline
- 4+ years’ experience with industrial control systems
- Good understanding of industrial automation programming concepts
- Strong understanding of electrical concepts and theories
- Understanding of computer WAN and LAN networks
- Ability to troubleshoot problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to quickly learn about new software, hardware, and automation equipment and effectively implement it